“Volunteering is the ultimate exercise in democracy. You vote in elections once a year, but when you volunteer, you vote every day about the kind of community you want to live in”. ~Author Unknown.
Whether you volunteer with a group or on your own, giving of your time can be a rewarding experience. Volunteers can choose the types of projects they would like to help with. We enjoy working with Eagle Scouts and Girl Scouts, as well as various youth and adult groups.
Email us or call 319-523-8381 to discuss your ideas or areas of interest. Some jobs are quite easy while others require a bit of knowledge and/or physical activity.
- Fold and label newsletters – we do this 4 times a year, you could help for a few hours, half a day or until the job is done.
Langwood Adventure Day (or other EE programs):
- Leading or assisting with a session
- Cooking or serving food
- Assisting with registration
Annual Halloween Hike:
- Baking treats and/or serving refreshments
- Making costumes and props
- Acting in skits or leading group hikes
- Setting out luminaries and lighting them
Langwood High Ropes Challenge Course:
- Get trained to be a belayer
- Trained belayers can save their group money when volunteering, or they can volunteer for us!
- Note – belaying requires quite a bit of physical activity and prior training
- Assisting with prescribed fire
- Trimming trails
- Removing invasive species (garlic mustard, cedars, honeysuckle and more…)
- Litter Clean-up Events