Langwood Education Center
This beautiful 92-acre area is used by Louisa County Conservation for school field trips and public programs. It can also be rented for a variety of uses and is home to the Langwood Challenge Course.
About Langwood Education Center
In addition to it’s use by LCC for public programs and school fields trips, groups can rent Langwood for weddings, youth group campouts, reunions, birthday parties or just a quiet place to hang out with friends and family for a few days.
The Langwood Education Center is also home to the Langwood Challenge Course, an adventure course that can be used by all types of groups for team building activities.
NOTE: Langwood is open by reservation ONLY or for public programs!
14019 H Avenue
Wapello, IA 52653
GPS: 41.262186, -91.154362
Size: 92 acres
- Lodge with full kitchen
- Restroom with showers - Please note: water is turned off in the winter.
- Dormitory with 21 beds
- Challenge Course
- Hiking trails
- Bird viewing blind
- Pond (about 5 acres)
- Fire rings
- Picnic tables
- Electric hookups for campers (50/30/20 amp service)
- Parking lot
- Hiking (3-miles of trails)
- Nature study
- Birding watching
- Fishing (pond)
- Paddling (pond) - six canoes are onsite!
- Challenge Course - requires LCC supervision & additional fees
- Hunting and trapping are NOT allowed