Flaming Prairie Park
A pretty little park with a beautiful, natural wetland. The Mississippi River is a short hike over the levee. The campground is spacious, with plenty of room to park your boat and trailer nearby.
- Drinking water
- Parking lot
- Picnic shelter
- Picnic tables
- Restroom, primitive
- Boat ramp, gravel-Mississippi River
- Nature Study
- Boating (all motors)
Camping at Flaming Prairie Park
- Gravel camp pads
- 50/30/20 Amp Service (electric sites only)
- Water (for the campground, not individual sites)
- Restroom, Primitive
- Picnic Table
- Fire ring with grill
- Trash cans
There are NOT full hookups with septic & water in any LCC campground. There is a dump station available in Wapello at the North End Park. Call the City of Wapello for more information.
1. Locate an available campsite.
2. Park your vehicle, tent or camper on the site (required to save your spot).
3. Register and pay for your site within 30 minutes of arrival.
-- Take only envelope per site - they are located near the kiosk
4. Directions for the envelope:
-- Fill out the front of the envelope completely
-- Place your payment inside the envelope
-- Payment can be: cash, check or camping coupons
-- Deposit the envelope into the pay box
5. Directions for the card inside the envelope:
-- Remove the card and fill it out completely.
-- Place the card in the camp post at your site.
6. Finish setting up your campsite and enjoy the weekend!
**NOTE: To claim a spot you MUST pay for the site and have a tent, camper or vehicle on the site.
Electric sites: 22
Non-electric sites: 0
Camping fees: $12/night
Payment Options: Self-registration drop box; Cash, check or LCC Camping Coupons accepted
Campsites are filled on a first-come, first served basis and cannot be reserved in advance. Exceptions can be made at the discretion of the Executive Director. Call the office with questions.