When it isn't being used for Environmental Education programs, Langwood Education Center is available for daytime or overnight use for all types of groups. Langwood has been used for weddings, business meetings, family reunions, scout outings, church camps, and more.
Reservations include use of the lodge, dormitory, restroom, pond, trails and grounds. The Challenge Course can be used for an additional fee.
User fees vary depending on the type of group, facilities used, and duration of stay. Rates are shown on the current reservation form.
To make a reservation:
- If the dates you want are available, print the reservation form and fill it out completely.
- Proof of insurance is required (starting July 1, 2017) showing a minimum of $100,000 liability insurance.
- If you plan to have beer or wine, a Special Use Permit is also required. This permit is $25 and requires a deposit of $100 cash or money order (refundable).
- Return the completed reservation, rental fee, proof of insurance and Special Use Permit (if applicable) within 10 days to: Langwood Rental, 12635 County Road G56, Suite 101, Wapello, IA, 52653. Sorry, we are not able to take credit cards at this time.
- You will receive a letter confirming your reservation (usually via email) with the gate combo and other important information about your stay.
Langwood has the following amenities available
- Lodge with Full Kitchen
- Restroom with Showers
- Dormitory with 21 Beds
- Challenge Course
- Hiking Trails (approx. 3 miles of loops)
- Bird Viewing Blind
- Pond (about 5 acres)
- Six Canoes
- Fire Rings
- Picnic Tables
- Five Electric Hookups for Campers (50/30/20 amp service) - $10/hook-up/night
- Parking Lot
- Nature Study
- Birding Watching
- Fishing (pond)
- Paddling (pond)
- Challenge Course - requires LCC supervision & fee applies
- Hunting and Trapping is NOT Allowed